As the year comes to a close, there are several tasks that every employers should do to finish the year strong and carry the year-end momentum into January.
- Ensure W-2 Accuracy – Make sure you have the correct information for your employees so the W-2 Statements are sent to the right address. You may need to contact former employees to obtain their current address.
- Review Employee Handbooks and Policies – The new year is a good time to establish new company policies and procedures. Also, make sure your Employee handbook is up-to-date.
- Review your Insurance Policies – Make sure your workers’ compensation policy and Employment Practices Liability Insurance has been properly updated and modified for any changes that have been made to your business over the last year.
- Meet with Employees – Now is a good time to hold annual performance reviews of employees. If the review cannot occur in December, schedule the review for early January. Giving employees positive and constructive feedback helps the employees perform at their best.
We are always available to assist our clients with any employment related issue. We look forward to working with each of you in the coming year.
- 18 Dec 2020Cal-OSHA issues COVID-19 rules for all employers
- 18 May 2020COVID-19 Return to Work Guidelines
- 01 Apr 2020Families First Information
- 03 Aug 2018California Supreme Court Rules That Employees Should Be Paid For Small Off-The-Clock Tasks
- 02 May 2018Proving a Worker is an Independent Contractor Just Got a Lot More Difficult